Acer Spin 713 3W doesn't boot anymore

I know this isn’t an issue related to the firmware but as this a place with he highest density of Chromebook users, I thought better to ask here.

After this forum solved most of my issues with my new Chromebook, I decided to swap out the M.2 drive to a 1T one (Samsung Evo Plus 970).

But whatever I do now, the laptop won’t power on. No light on the power button. Not on battery, not on charger, not after swapping back to original M.2 drive. Completely dead. The battery had only 8 power cycles last time I looked.
Is there some magic procedure I can perform like this (but this didn’t work either of course and seems to require the original firmware).

https://old.reddit.com/r/chromeos/comments/10sa7yo/acer_spin_713_wont_turn_on_while_on_battery/

See for original issues (just in case):

Is there maybe a way to reset the laptop and/or the CMOS?

Thanks a lot,
Wcool

never experienced this before, but I would think of these suggestions:

1. plug AC cable and see if it will boot.
  2. restore your stock firmware. This is faster than option 3 but also drastic
  3. make a SuzyQ debug cable and connect it to the left usb c cable of you chromebook. Note that this connector is position sensitive.

You should see the charging light on when it is connected properly. See if you can peek around from another laptop/PC using ccd commands from a tty terminal app like minicom

Check whether some flags were flipped or the flash area got damaged.

Try reflashing ChromeOS

I think I must have shortened a circuit somewhere (hard to believe) but even the small LED on the power button isn’t lit. Not on battery and not on AC. I think I will bring it to a laptop repair shop to have it checked out.

Did you disconnect the battery when changing the SSD? If not, you could have fried something, if yes then maybe you reconnected the battery connector upside down, I’ve seen that a few times when repairing laptops, though ironically connecting it upside down on some models would fry the chipset.

MM I didn’t disconnect the battery when taking out the SSD :frowning: stupid me!)

does a small chip on the back near the usb-c ports labeled ECEDCF get hot when you plug in a Type-A to Type-C cable? (my VOXEL recently has seemed to die this way)