Unofficial Windows OS works?

I plan to download unofficial Windows OS like some Tiny11, Ghost spectre, or anything that is lightweight Windows to my Samsung Chromebook 3 CELES because official Windows OS will not meet its requirements and due to its 16GB of storage and its 4GB of RAM

I believe so, I had tried it on my other Acer Chromebook 15 (Banon) and it works. There should be nothing wrong with it, just make sure you have a way to browser the web with Tiny11. :smiley:

i slapped W10 LTSC on my chbook so don’t be afraid to try, only thing is that some of the keyboard remaps did not work but the most important did

Works? Possibly. Supported? No. Youll be on your own if you use an unofficial os

One time I tried but after that, my Chromebook almost never turned on again so are there specific unofficial Windows 10 OS that could work? Taking another risk is scary especially bricks are possible with this firmware. Do you think black screens would happen again? Based on CoolStar.org my Chromebook only supports Windows 10. Can any unofficial Windows 10 work?

I don’t know, they are not supported

as popcorn27 said, W10 LTSC is your best way to go, since its official

Can that be fine for 16GB of storage?

Well, I believe so. LTSC is debloated (according to YouTube),

tiny1* operating systems are not supported here. please refrain from suggesting their use

Ok, sorry about the misunderstanding. Im completely new to this tbh, I have a history of restoring old computers. First thing that came to mind.

All good. Thanks for the edit too :slight_smile:

The tldr on them not being supported is chromebooks can have specific driver issues because of whats stripped so its easier to say not at all, especially when its device specific

And not to mention, a majority of users (from what I’ve seen) don’t download modified versions of windows from trusted sources, nor do they check the checksum, which can lead to unknown malware being installed, so we also discourage their use for that reason

As an example, for the longest time if you searched “windows 7 iso” on google, the top archive.org result was a modified windows 7 iso that had been modified and would reach out to suspicious domains/websites on a fresh install for who knows what reason.