Troubleshooting Video Playback on Fedora

Troubleshooting Video Playback on Fedora

Hey everyone,

I’ve been encountering some issues with video playback on my Fedora system, and I could really use some help. Here’s a summary of what’s been happening:

Browser Troubles Both Firefox and Chrome are refusing to play videos. I’ve tried updating them, but no luck so far.
Media Player Woes Even VLC and MPV are acting up. They’re not playing videos either, which is a real headache.

I’ve tried a few troubleshooting steps, like checking codecs and configurations, but nothing seems to work. If anyone has any suggestions or tips, I’d really appreciate it. Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!

What Chromebook model name? Unless it is real old you should be able play videos.

Samsung chromebook pro

It had no problem playing videos on Chrome OS, and I think the GPU is fine because it can run the latest version of Blender smoothly. I’m running Fedora using MrChromebox.

According to the docs, your board name is CAROLINE. CAROLINE has a note on it there that states that there is no limiter on the audio driver, if you ran the audio and keyboard scripts after install. May I ask if you’ve also installed the recommended codec group for Fedora?

You can try the command sudo dnf group install multimedia and then sudo dnf install ffmpeg. Reboot