System Details
- Device: MAGLIA (Acer Chromebook Spin 512)
- OS: Was ChromeOS → Used Instructions to UEFI Full ROM and install Linux Mint Debian Edition
- Firmware Type: UEFI Full ROM
- Firmware Version: no idea - the one that would have been downloaded yesterday (2026 Sep 23)
- Internal storage type: eMMC
Summary of the Issue
Went trough all the steps, got LMDE working and even rebooted. Then Commanded a Software Shutdown and packed the device away. remembered I forgot to put in the coversrews again. Did that. But did not try to boot again.
This morning it was just dead. Power Button does not do anything (neither short pr long press), ESC + Refresh + Power Button neither. LED next to the Power Button does nothing.
Steps to debug already tried:
- Put in original USB-C Power Supply into either port to no effect
- Put in different Power Supplys into either port same outcome
- Disconnecting Battery again and pressing power button (and recovery combo), then connecting USB Power Supply - no effect
- Connecting Battery again and going through the different power on methods - no effect
- I can hear current whispering through the board, so it seems there is some power running through, it is just not powering up.
Steps to Reproduce
not applicable, I guess you’d need my device.
Things that might have gone wrong:
- Used a Paper Clip to bridge the Jumper holes and “forced” the Connector quite strongly in there, because with the first few tries the WP was still active. But the gsc -a -w showed no wp anymore at the last try
- I did connect the Battery before flashing the new firmware, I only read afterwards that you shouldn’t do that (why actually?)
- When reassamebling everything I might have touched th board with my screwdriver, don’t know if i may have shorted somthing out?
Expected Behavior
After installing LMDE and rebooting and then updating everything I wouldn’t have thought that a brick might happen then.
Questions:
Is my assumption correct, that this is a hardware issue and has nothing todo with WP or GSC?
Would a SuzyQable unbricking still be possible, even if I haven’t factory resetted CCD?
What could I try which I haven’t?
Thank You and best regards,
Tolentino