Disabling WP on an acer 515 (issue) Same for 315

Troubleshooting

I have modded chromebooks before and know how to do it so I’ll be quick here…

If I remove the battery which I have to do to disable the write protect for this model, I cannot boot the chromebook. AC power with the battery will not turn the machine on, but it boots fine w/ the battery in. I am losing my mind trying to turn this thing on.

My AC adapter is 45w and the listed voltages are 5V/3A,9V/3A,15V/3A,20V/2.25A

the chromebook says on its back its rating is 3a,15v and the seller of this off-brand adapter has the 515 listed as supported, which I am sure it is as it charges the machine fine.

BUT they make 65w chargers for the 515, so is this simply a power delivery issue? Or are there some keys I can press to try and get this thing to boot? Thanks,

edit: same thing but for a 315 which is definitely 45w… won’t boot

OKAY I FIXED THE ISSUE MYSELF, HERE IS THE SOLUTION, MRCHROMEBOX PLEASE NOTE THIS:

1. had to turn on chromebook WITH battery inside and plugged into AC, enter VT-2 and attempt to run the script which told me it was WP and needed to reboot. I then removed the battery WHILE the machine was powered on and hit YES to reboot. It actually turned on without the battery plugged in and I proceeded to successfully flash the firmware.