Battery drain when shutdown on Acer Spin 11 (Apollo Lake cpu/ reef board)

Hi all. I’ve recently installed the Mr. Chromebox firmware on an Acer spin11 device with a celeron processor (Apollo Lake CPU/ Reef Board). I tried installing ubuntu first which worked, but I couldn’t get sound even after following the WeirdTreeThing FAQ. Then, I tried linux mint and was able to get sound. Unfortunately, now, if I shut down the computer via any method (have used the linux mint UI, pressing and holding the power button, pressing and holding power/ refresh, and doing a terminal ‘shutdown -P’ command), the battery will drain to 0%. In some cases, I even drained the battery so far that I had to open up the case and manually charge the battery (power supply directly to battery contacts). I have just been leaving this on a charger, but was hoping someone had a suggestion.

Device Info: Acer Chromebook Spin 11 R751T-C4XP Specifications and 2023 Price Comparison
uname -a : Linux dan-Electro 6.6.0-chrultrabook #2 SMP PREEMPT_DYNAMIC Sat Nov 4 08:20:02 EDT 2023 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Does the power led turn off when you shut down the device?

If the device is plugged in, there will be a light on, blue or orange depending on the charge state.

But if disconnected from the wall, led completely turns off when shut down.

That’s normal, so the system shouldn’t be drawing any extra power.